Monday, July 23, 2012

I am Nomad

Lately I have been feeling kind of nomadic. I am using the term 'lately' very lightly here. I have always been on the move since I was a child and my current job requires me to travel a lot, so.. I have now been living for months out of the suitcase.

Makes me wonder how it feels to have lived in a place long enough to know all the streets really well.. know the little shop owners, the cats and dogs in the locality.. the trees and uneven stones on the sidewalk.. to greet your neighbors by name and know enough to ask them about their grandchildren.

I am so free of this kind of sense of belonging. Not sure it's the kind of freedom I'd have asked for. I cling onto other things that make me feel at home.. like a particular desktop background, a bedspread.. and certain perfumes.

What are the things you like the most about your home/locality?

--
7/23/12

No comments:

Post a Comment